In his usual punchy style, Seth Godin gives eight reasons for work.
- For the money
- To be challenged
- For the pleasure/calling of doing the work
- For the impact it makes on the world
- For the reputation you build in the community
- To solve interesting problems
- To be part of a group and to experience the mission
- To be appreciated
Are any of these valid reasons for wanting to preach/pastor?FYI, here’s one of my ordination vows: Are not zeal for the honor of God, love to Jesus Christ, and desire of saving souls, your great motives and chief inducements to enter into the function of the holy ministry, and not worldly designs and interests?