According to Fastcompany’s Shawn Parr, that’s the key equation for personal and corporate happiness.
He expounds this uncommon sense (common grace?) further here, and concludes with these bullets:
- Say “thank you” often and mean it when you say it – people can tell the difference.
- Show your gratitude with actions and items of appreciation.
- Look for new ways to demonstrate generous giving.
- It’s much more rewarding to give than to receive.
- Do something specific for people in need at least once a week.
- Tell the truth always.
- Do what you say and say what you do.
Seems like a good equation for spiritual happiness too?
Spiritual happiness = Gratitude for Christ’s grace + Generous grace to others + Sincere obedience.
Sound suspiciously like John 14:21?