Gretchen Rubin has six questions to to help you frame your New You resolutions.
1. Ask: “What would make me happier?”
2. Ask: “What is a concrete action that would bring change?”
3. Ask: “Am I a ‘yes’ resolver or a ‘no’ resolver?”
4. Ask: “Am I starting small enough?”
5. Ask: “How am I going to hold myself accountable?”
6. Ask: “Are there any small, nagging issues weighing down my happiness?”
Read her exposition here.
UPDATE FROM THE COMMENTS: As far as I know, Gretchen is not a Christian but I often think it’s helpful to see how non-Christians think and write. What are their priorities, motivations, aims, etc? It helps Christians reach them, and also helps Christian crystalize and clarify their own priorities, etc. They also have grains of helpful insights scattered here and there.