If you’re reading this blog, and you probably are, you need to watch this movie. Even if you’re not reading this blog, you need to watch this movie. Runner-up for “Best Documentary” at the recent San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival, Captivated is all about “finding freedom in a media captive culture.”
Mediatalk 101 leader, Philip Telfer, takes us on a nationwide tour of experts, families, and individuals, to demonstrate not only the problems of techno-media slavery, but also how God’s Word addresses the unique challenges we face today.
Visit the website for more information and some nice discount offers on purchases of two or more DVDs. Why not buy a batch for your church or school, or arrange a showing? What will you get for your money?
- Expert commentary: wide range of insightful commentary from scientists, doctors, theologians, journalists
- Hope-filled testimonies: numerous inspiring stories of how individuals and families have been delivered from techno-media slavery
- Diversity of contributors: lots of gender, age, and racial variety in both the commentary and the testimonials
- Professional filming: high standards of photography and audio that make it a real pleasure to watch and listen
- Wide suitablity: I watched it with my wife, two daughters (8 & 10), and two teenage sons (14 & 15) and we were all “captivated” from beginning to end
- Gospel focus: the film progressively moves towards the Gospel and sets forth Christ as the ultimate deliverer of all captives.
I have no financial interest in this film and I was not asked or paid to write this review. I just think it’s a tremendous resource for churches and families who need all the help they can get to produce Christ-captivated lives.