This week’s episode of the Ligonier Connect – Connected Kingdom podcast considers the exile. Dr. Sproul’s lecture guided us through a complicated period of history, raising a number of questions among our students which Tim and I try to tackle, including:
1. The importance of understanding history for understanding Scripture
2. How the loss of biblical worship leads to the loss of God’s favor.
3. How is our day like Josiah’s day and why should this encourage us?
4. What does the Jewish exile represent for the Christian?
5. How do we reconcile the seeming difference between two Scriptures, one of which says the devil incited David to number the people and the other which says God incited him?
6. Why does Chronicles not mention David’s adultery?