The Age of Ageism
Pastor Bryan Loritts with some advice for young men when meeting with older men.
The High School That Will Get You A Job
“P-Tech high schools are six-year programs in which graduates earn both a high school diploma and an associate’s degree. Thanks to industrial partnerships, they also graduate with a guaranteed job paying $40,000 or more.
A Beautiful Workplace Starts With Investing in People
In its 2013 State of the American Workplace Report, Gallup revealed the twelve indicators that make for a happy worker. Here are seven of the key factors that emerged:
- I have a best friend at work.
- My supervisor, or someone at work, seems to care about me as a person.
- There is someone here who encourages my development.
- In the last seven days, I have received recognition or praise for doing good work.
- My opinions seem to count.
- I know what is expected of me.
- I have the opportunity to do what I do best every day.
An Update on Fear
Love Ed Welch’s transparency: “A few months ago, I had a panic attack. Its appetite continues to be insatiable. More, more! Fears love to keep encroaching into everyday life. It’s as if a black hole lives inside of you. Life and even sleep are sucked into it. Here are some things that have helped and some things I am learning.”
Building A Library
This South African blogger and her readers have equipped two townships with kids libraries, and this year they’ve set their sights even higher. Great pictures, a great story, and a great vision.
Meet The Guy Who Inspired Millions With His Raw Beautiful Portraits
This guy has infectious enthusiasm for life.