These are dangerous days. Our health is in danger. Our economy is in danger. Our jobs are in danger. Our mental health is in danger. But the biggest danger we are facing today is Christless Christianity. It always has been, is, and always will be.
- It’s serious because it concerns your most valuable asset –your soul.
- It’s serious because it’s a constant threat – we can never let our guard down
- It’s serious because it is so common – easy to get sucked in.
- It’s serious because the consequences are so awful – eternal punishment.
- It’s serious because we are all at risk – we are all in the vulnerable group.
Just as we need to take steps to protect ourselves from the coronavirus and its effects upon our lives, so we need to take critical steps to secure our spiritual safety. What should we do? In Colossians 2:8-10, we learn how Paul directed the Colossians towards spiritual safety when they were facing similar danger.