A few weeks ago I listed 10 Ways To Hate God. Today, 10 ways to hate people, which Paul says comes very naturally to us (Titus 3:3).
1. Grudge their success.
2. Blacken their name.
3. Desire their failure.
4. Ignore their graces and gifts.
5. Suspect their motives.
6. Rejoice when they fall or fail.
7. Refuse their confession.
8. Highlight only their defects.
9. Despise their callings and roles.
10. Take vengeance upon them.
But God’s love can turn the worst of haters into the best of lovers, as Paul immediately highlights:
“But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit.” (Titus 3:4-5).