1840 posts and 452,603 comments later, CNN’s Belief blog reflects on its first birthday with Ten lessons the Belief Blog learned in its first year. Here are the headlines:
- Every big news story has a faith angle.
- Atheists are the most fervent commenters on matters religious.
- People are still intensely curious about the Bible, its meaning and its origins.
- Most Americans are religiously illiterate.
- It’s impossible to understand much of the news without knowing something about religion.
- Regardless of where they fit on the spectrum, people want others to understand what they believe.
- Americans still have an uneasy relationship with Islam.
- God may not prevent natural disasters, but religion is always a big part of the response.
- Apocalyptic movements come and go.
- Most Americans don’t know that President Barack Obama is a Christian.
You can read more of the details here. It’s a bit of a mixed bag: some encouragement (# 1, 3, 5, 6), some discouragement (#4), and #2 is just so intriguing isn’t it!