At Ligonier’s 2016 National Conference, Al Mohler “prophesied” that homosexual marriage would not work:
It’s not going to work. I mean, we know that. The whole promise of so-called same-sex marriage is not going to work…It can’t deliver on its promises.
Well, it didn’t take long for “fulfillment.” In Loveless, Narcisstic Sex Addicts: A Gay Man Critiques his Community, a gay man, Dr. Jason Hill of De Paul University in Chicago, does exactly what the headline says. I don’t recommend that you read the article, but its basic point is clear: despite there being a “moral minority” (his words) of gay men who want something like traditional heterosexual marriage, the vast majority just want lots and lots of sex. Here’s how he puts it:
I also believe marriage between two men in our contemporary culture is a colossal waste of time, a hopeless undertaking doomed for failure, and, fundamentally, a naive endeavor profoundly at odds with the hypersexual, broken, and ethically bankrupt ethos and nature of gay male culture.
He says one of two things will happen: either it will be recognized that marriage in the traditional sense is impossible to realize for gay men, or else gay marriage “will forever change the fundamental nature of marriage” due to their “blatant preference for open relationships and polyamorous dalliances.” Remember this is a gay man speaking, not Al Mohler. Hill quotes some stats:
- Gay culture is characterized by disproportionate drug use, sexual promiscuity, sexually transmitted diseases, depression, and suicides.
- The insatiable and voracious sexual promiscuity of gay men is an ongoing recreational activity that does not cease with marriage or long-term partnerships, and increases with age.
- 43 percent of all gay men in Western democracies claimed to have had more than 500 partners in their lifetime, and 28 percent claimed more than 1,000.
- 50 percent of all gay marriages in the United States begin as open relationships where men continue to have sex with other men on the side.
- The sexual imagination of gay men will suffuse their children’s sexual imagination and will decouple sex from—at least—the pretense of love.
It’s so, so tragic. And so, so predictable. Yet similar pain and destruction awaits the liberals’ latest Trojan horse – the transgenders (see Kevin DeYoung’s Transgendered Thought Experiment and 50 Years of Sex Changes, Mental Disorders, and Too Many Suicides). As the Apostle Paul said:
And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet (Romans 1:27).
Let’s give Al Mohler the last word, a word of love and hope:
Only Christ delivers on His promises. And we’ve got to be there for people who, in the midst of this cultural revolution, are going to be horribly hurt because this revolution can’t deliver on its promises. We’ve got to be there with the gospel of Christ.