I’d like to commend an excellent, thought-provoking, and heart-warming sermon on the sufferings of Christ. It was preached yesterday by my own Pastor, Rev. Foppe Vanderzwaag. He took us on a tour of Gethsemane, Gabbatha and Golgotha. You can listen to it here.
I also preached a couple of times yesterday. Here’s a quick outline of my sermon on 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10.
1. Christ’s Entrance
- The Lord Jesus will be revealed from heaven (v. 7)
2. Christ’s Entourage
- With his mighty angels (v. 7)
3. Christ’s Execution
- In flaming fire (v. 8)
- Taking vengeance (v. 8)
- He will punish (v. 9)
- With everlasting destruction (v. 9)
4. Christ’s Enemies
- They know not God (v. 8)
- They obey not the Gospel (v. 8)
5. Christ’s Expulsion
- Banished from the Lord’s gracious presence (v. 9)
- Banished from the Lord’s glorious power (v. 9)
6. Christ’s End
- He will be glorified in His people (v. 10)
- He will be admired by His people (v. 10)
Here’s the link, as requested.