Introduce kids to the Savior of sinners. This is a series of audio podcasts for kids who want to meet with Jesus by using Meeting with Jesus: A Bible Reading Plan for Kids (RHB) Listen to previous episodes here.
The unbelieving world that we live in has a way of thinking, speaking, and doing. The world has its own values and order. Sadly, we can sometimes think, speak, and act like the world.
- We lift up the high and put down the low
- We honor to the rich and dishonor the poor
- We think salvation is for the great not for the weak.
As Mary celebrates Christ’s coming in Luke 1:51-56, she reminds us of how Jesus turns the world upside down. He has come to re-order the world, to change our way of thinking, speaking, and doing.
JESUS OVERTURNS THE WORLD’S ORDER
- He dethrones the mighty (52)
- He enthrones the lowly (52)
- He fills the hungry (53)
- He empties the rich (53)
- He helps Israel (54)
- He keeps his promises (55)
- His mother is a poor unknown country girl (56)
JESUS OVERTURNS THE SPIRITUAL ORDER
- His strong arm defeats the proud (51)
- His strong arm delivers the weak (55)
Has Jesus turned your world upside down so that you think, speak, and act like him rather than like the world?