Every organization chooses its own audience…But don’t doubt that it changes everything you do (Seth Godin).
I’ve suggested six church parallels for the six audience choices described by Godin:
- The sales force = The pastors
- The stock market = The major donors
- Potential new customers = The unevangelized
- Existing customers = Church members
- Employees = Church staff
- The regulators = Elders, Presbytery, Denomination, etc.
Who is your audience? Who is your church focused on? Is there Someone missing here?
Godin: “You get what you focus on.”