The most unbelieved beatitude in the Bible is: “It is more blessed to give than receive” (Acts 20:35). The giver happier than the getter? Surely some mistake? That goes against all our intuitions and instincts. So let me help you to believe it and act upon it by giving you ten reasons why it is more blessed to give than to receive.
- Giving obeys God’s command
- Giving submits to God’s Lordship
- Giving exhibits God’s heart
- Giving illustrates God’s salvation
- Giving trusts God’s provision
- Giving widens God’s smile
- Giving advances God’s kingdom
- Giving promotes God’s sanctifying of us
- Giving testifies to God’s power
- Giving praises God’s character
Read the full article over at Christianity.com.
Pingback: 10 Reasons it is more blessed to give than to receive! « Strengthened by Grace