Like many of you, via the Internet, I’ve sat at the feet of R.C. Sproul Jr. over the past couple of years and learned so much from his honest, transparent, humble, and Christ-filled walk through death-shade valley as he lost his wife to cancer and then his beloved special needs child, Shannon. As far as I’m concerned, he’s shed the Jr. tag along the way.
And now, courtesy of Ligonier Connect, we have the opportunity to hear RC’s answers to huge questions such as “Why does God allow hardships into our lives? Can God really use our pain for His glory and our good?”
The course description says: “In this powerful course, Dr. R.C. Sproul Jr. seeks to comfort all Christians grappling with the sorrows of this fallen world as he shares poignant stories from his own life and presents important scriptural teachings about God’s role in human suffering.”
Dr. R.C. Sproul Jr. will be moderating this special Ligonier Connect course. The class opens to students November 7, 2013 and ends March 13, 2014. The first lesson is due November 18. You may watch the lectures and complete the assignments any time of day. The due dates let you know when you must submit your questions for the Q&A session that will be recorded after each lesson due date. In this course, you’ll be able to:
- Engage in discussion with classmates from around the world
- Keep unlimited access to the course content
- Watch lectures and complete assignments any time of day
- Submit questions to be considered for a recorded Q&A session with R.C. Sproul Jr. that will be uploaded the Wednesday following each lesson due date
- Attend a live class session at Ligonier Ministries National Conference for those who register
- AND IT’S FREE!
This is an outstanding opportunity to learn from a dear brother who brings us lessons not just from books, but from the crucible of personal suffering.
For more information and registration links, here’s Ligonier’s blog post on the course.
Pingback: Christian Blogs and Web Sites | Scripture Zealot blog