So, we all got a few laughs and not a little insight over the past couple of days as we looked at what teenage guys wanted girls to know about them, and then at what the girls wanted the guys to know.
Today I’m posting the bullet points of what I thought the guys should know about girls – a little bit more sober and serious today! Obviously I filled out these points in the workshop, but I hope they’ll give some further talking points for your families! Thanks again to my research assistant (and his wife!) for valuable input.
Ten Things Guys Should Know About Girls
(NB: does not apply to every girl)
1. Girls value relationship more than things.
2. Girls want you to value their opinion and to discuss major decisions with her.
3. Girls want undivided attention when communicating, and want you to listen (esp. to their feelings) before fixing.
4. Girls have a biological cycle that impacts their moods, attitudes, behaviors, etc.
5. Girls talk more when stressed (men retreat and clam up) and imagine worst-case scenarios.
6. Girls want to feel loved:
- Value her more than your friends, mother, children, family, job, etc.
- Praise and affirm frequently (do not praise other women)
- Romantic surprises and gifts (big AND small)
- Prefer to be held & hugged rather than reasoned with.
7. Girls have an unfathomable connection with their children.
8. Girls want you to see a person (with inner beauty, personality, aims, hopes, dreams) not a body, not body parts.
9. Girls want you to put some effort into your appearance & hygiene (without becoming vain).
10. Girls value stability and want you to give steady leadership especially in spiritual matters, finances, and children.
GOD ORDAINED BEAUTIFUL AND COMPLEMENTARY DIFFERENCES BETWEEN MEN AND WOMEN, BUT THE FALL HAS DAMAGED, MAGNIFIED, AND MULTIPLIED THE DIFFERENCES, WITH SUBSEQUENT PAINFUL EFFECTS UPON THE RELATIONSHIP.